10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2017 4:08 PM by MohannadHamdy

intel hd 620 flickering issue, Windows 10, Lenovo ideapad 320

MohannadHamdy

Hey guys,

I've just purchased  Lenovo 320-15IKB Laptop (ideapad) , it was working absolutely fine, no issues at all, and then I started to see a strange issue happening when the driver for Intel HD 620 is installed:

There's a strange flickering, I'm not sure if I should call it flickering or slow refresh rates, I'm not really good with these things! , and also the mouse pointer moves slower, not slower as slower but, it's not properly moving, just feels like the intel HD card is not recognized or something even though it is!

But I've recorded a video of my screen, and to get it even stranger, the issue gets sorted by me disabling and enabling the driver again from the device manager! and it comes back again after that when I do something that requires the screen to be turned completely off and on.

I'm running Windows 10 x64 pro, haven't tested it yet on windows 8.1, but if it's a driver issue and needs to switch to 8.1 I'm more than happy to do that!

the Place I purchased the laptop from is too far from my home, so I was hoping I could do my homework before I get back to the point of sale.

My Laptop specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-72000U

RAM: 8GB

Hard Drive: 1TB HDD

Intel VGA: Intel HD Graphics 620

AMD VGA: AMD Radeon R7 M440 4GB

I've tried lots of things, including a new fresh installation of Windows 10, trying different types of Intel drivers, tried updating the driver from device manager, driver from Intel, Lenovo and 3rd party, still no clue!

P.S

games work absolutely fine.

issue happens on whatever screen, but it's more noticeable on the brighter backgrounds, tried lots of drivers, from Lenovo, and now I'm trying a driver I downloaded from this link: https://communities.intel.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdownloadmirror.intel.com%2F26772%2Feng%2Fwin64_154518…  downloaded file name is: win64_154518.4664

Here's a link to the video I recorded to show you the exact problem: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.