1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 27, 2017 7:55 AM by Intel Corporation

TH02 does not work on Intel Edison

GustavoTemple

Hello,

I am trying to use the TH02 on Intel Edison, but in very cold enviroments (< 24°C) this code below does not work after few minutes:

#include <Wire.h>
      #include <TH02_dev.h>
      #include "rgb_lcd.h"

rgb_lcd lcd;

int counter = 0;

void setup() {
          lcd.begin(16, 2);
      }

void loop() {
          float temperature = TH02.ReadTemperature();
          lcd.clear();
          lcd.print("loop() [");
          lcd.print(++counter);
          lcd.print("]");
          lcd.setCursor(0, 1);
          lcd.print(" - Temp: ");
          lcd.print(temperature);
          lcd.print(" C");
      }

There is sometime related with this issue below?

TH02 sensor does not work on Edison Arduino breakout. · Issue #351 · intel-iot-devkit/upm · GitHub

• 1. Re: TH02 does not work on Intel Edison
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi GustavoTemple,

From the GitHub link that you shared, I understand that there are some limitations with the sensor so it may or may not work as expected. It seems from the comments in that site that the best known configuration for this sensor is to configure the Edison Arduino board to work at 3.3V while the sensor is working at 5V, and the I2C bus is only used for this sensor. This doesn’t mean that it will work without issues but from the experiences of other users, this configuration is the one that provides the best results.

On the other hand, according to your description, your sensor works fine only in a specific temperature range for some few minutes. This means that the code works fine and your hardware setup is fine too, otherwise it would not work from the very beginning. What I can think of is that maybe there is some issue with the sensor itself that makes it to report wrong values after some minutes. This is very unlikely, but it could be a possibility. Other possibility is that the sensor is not well calibrated. I recommend you to check the datasheet of the sensor to get details about how it should be calibrated. There are temperature sensors that require some few external components like a resistor to be well calibrated (I’m not sure if this is the case with this sensor).

These are all my comments for you. I don’t have that sensor so I cannot run additional tests to compare my results with yours.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
          Diego V.

1 of 1 people found this helpful