Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Question about SR300 retiring

JSitu
Beginner

Intel is introducing our Intel® RealSense™ Depth Cameras D415 and D435 transitioning from Intel® RealSense™ SR300, R200, ZR300 and Robotics Development Kits. We will continue to sell the existing kits as long as supplies last with a target of Q3 2017. If you are looking to try RealSense technology - get started experimenting today!"

CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT

I just read this when I try to purchase SR300.

I'd like to use the face tracking and scan feature of the RealSense SDK. Maybe it's from the old sdk.

Will the face tracking and scan feature available for D415 and D435?

Or should I purchase the SR300?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The new RealSense SDK 2.0 that the D-cameras used is classed as a 'development' build, meaning that it is an in-progress version rather than a complete product. The full documentation will not be available until the cameras are released, but it does not seem to have face tracking right now. An option you could pursue may be to try using the ROS face detection and tracking module with it.

http://wiki.ros.org/face_detection_tracking face_detection_tracking - ROS Wiki

If you purchased an SR300 and burned the installation files of the older RealSense SDK with face-tracking capability to a blank backup dvd (both the SDK and the Depth Camera Manager driver program) then you would ensure that you always have the SDK available even if the download for it is withdrawn by Intel.

0 Kudos