Thank you for joining the Intel® Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.
Let's try to address this matter using an older driver, please see below;
Intel® HD Graphics .4578: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36]
Completely remove the driver with these steps:
- Open the Device Manager. Windows 8 and 8.1: Press the Windows key and the X key together, select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters section.
- Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
- Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
- Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
- Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
Once done install the driver above using these steps: Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...
If the issue persists, please let me know your computer model.
Thank you, I have been away for a week but will try this fix now. I will let you know if it works and whether I need more help. Whether it works or not I appreciate the help.