3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2017 10:01 AM by Intel Corporation

i9 7920x CS:GO (Blue Screen) (affinity issues)

Crimsom

I just got my i9 7920x and it seems to play most games and aplications fine but it blue screens in counter strike go sometimes instantly.

I have a asus prime A motherboard and 4266 ddr4 gskill memory.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Maybe I have to reinstall windows or drivers?

Is turbo 3.0 boost killing this game?

Also why when I removed cores through afinity settings in windows to run maya 3d rendering the cores automatically become reenabled when I start doing renders and it lags my stream?

so 2 issues

Blue screen in cs:go and an inability do assign proper cores for different tasks the computer seems to do what it wants....

• 1. Re: i9 7920x CS:GO (Blue Screen) (affinity issues)
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Crimsom,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Community. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regarding your questions for the game, I would like to gather more information regarding this matter, this in order to provide the most accurate answer. Please see below:

• Provide the full model of your motherboard.
          • Let us know the driver version you are running. Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.
          • Provide your BIOS version.
          • Provide your operating system.

Now regarding the 3D software, if it re-enables the cores it's because the software needs it for the rendering tests or tasks. For this matter I would need the same information requested above, thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 2. Re: i9 7920x CS:GO (Blue Screen) (affinity issues)
            Crimsom

Motherboard:

PRIME X299-A

Bios:

Version 0802 2017/09/15

Ram:

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4266 (PC4 34100) Desktop Memory Model F4-4266C19D-16GTZR

Blue screens during stock or overclocked settings. Even blue screened once while loading into windows.

Right now running 4.2ghz performance default settings on asus motherboard, going to try some lan drivers ect and hope that solves the problem.

• 3. Re: i9 7920x CS:GO (Blue Screen) (affinity issues)
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Let us know the results. Please also let us know your operating system and graphics driver version installed. Go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Do you see any error message in the blue screen?

Regards,

Amy C.