Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Drive Failure During Migration

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am in the middle of a migration that is trying to add 2 new 1.5 TB drives to my existing RAID 5 array of 4 1.5 TB drives. It is about half way through (51%) after 1.5 weeks (it is taking forever to migrate, any way to make it go faster?) and I now see that I have a drive failure. I try to access some of the content on this array and I can't get to some of it because it says the data is corrupted. My question is do I wait until the migration is complete and then replace the drive? Or do I replace the drive right now in the middle of a migration? The array is not a system array, it is just a storage array. My OS is on another HDD. What would you all recommend as my path forward?

System Specs:

Windows 7 64bit

Intel ICH10R

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 8.9

Thank you in advance for the help!

-Jon-

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

You should be able to replace the hard drive, but I personally will wait. The Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 8.9 had some issue with failing good hard drives. Try installing the 8.8 or the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 9.5.

PV.

idata
Employee

I installed Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 9.5 (is this is latest version of the intel RAID management software? It is hard to tell from the Intel site.) and it says the drive is failed as well. I also cannot get to any of the data on the whole array. So it sounds like the drive really is failed and it needs to be replaced. I guess I will wait till after the current migration is done. Is there anyway to make it migrate faster? It has been almost 2 weeks now!

Thanks,

-Jon-

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I ended up just formatting my drives and starting over

0 Kudos