3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 12:24 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Driver Update Utility / Support Assistant

itlcm68

I started open my Intel Driver Update Utility. It notified me there was a new version, so I clicked update, sat there and did nothing. I clicked update again, but it still did nothing.

So I come here to the Intel website to download this Intel Driver & Support Assistant. I follow this link:

I follow this link:

Intel® Driver and Support Assistant

from this page

Drivers & Software

I downloaded and uninstalled the old Intel Driver Update Utility and installed some new utility.

I right click on the tray icon of this "Driver & Support Assistant" tool and click "Check for new drives". It opens up this page:

Intel® Driver and Support Assistant

I follow the download link on that page:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24345/a08/Intel%20Driver%20Update%20Utility%20Installer.exe

a broken link...

Why is this so difficult?

• 1. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility / Support Assistant
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello itlcm68,

I understand you are trying to update drivers in your computer, but the link to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is broken.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer.  Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

What is the issue you are having in the computer that is making you update drivers?  Are you trying to update a specific driver in your computer?

To attach a file, you must click “Use Advanced Editor” on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the “attach” option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,
          Fred D.

• 2. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility / Support Assistant
            monique_intel

Hi.  This is Monique with Intel Corporation.  I am the IDSA project manager.  The IDUU application was transitioned to our new IDSA tool yesterday at the exact same time the user was trying to run it.  So due to the transition and probably caching, he was unable to get it to run properly.  If he tried at a little later in the day, it should have worked for him.  He might have been prompted to upgrade from an older IDUU version to the new IDSA version; or if it was a new install, it was due to the transition time.  One of our superusers replied to this user on this thread: Intel Update Utility - BROKEN DL LINK 

Thanks,

Monique

• 3. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility / Support Assistant
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello itlcm68,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the drivers you were trying to update in your computer.  In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,
              Fred D.