1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 10:47 AM by N.Scott.Pearson

Can anyone identify this possible validation motherboard?

jak_ratz

I purchased an old server from a thrift store, and I'm trying to get it up and running, but I'm having some boot issues. I'd like to update the bios, check CPU compatibility, and the rest of the troubleshooting tree, but there's no information on the Intel website that's helping. For this reason, I think it's a validation board. Picture attached is the important information, but the AA number is C75067-201. It has a Pentium 530J installed, and when I got it, it had a single stick of 512MB of RAM. I'd like to know if it's possible to update the bios, or even if that's possible. Ultimate goal is to get it running as a simple home server for educational purposes. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Can anyone identify this possible validation motherboard?
          N.Scott.Pearson

Well, what you have there is Fab B of one of the Customer Reference Boards. These are boards that Intel uses internally to test new processors, chipsets and/or core BIOS support for such. From time to time, one of these boards is given to a customer to allow them to perform early testing/evaluation of their support for these new processors and chipsets (and for what will eventually be production boards). In these cases, the boards are not supposed to be resold; they are supposed to be destroyed or returned to Intel.

It is very unlikely that there are going to be any BIOS updates available for this board. BIOS updates were not posted anywhere where the public could download them. Early testing/evaluation would have been done under a non-disclosure agreement and the customers would be receiving BIOS updates (if any were even produced) through non-public methods.

...S