4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 1:34 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6CAYH no HDMI Sound

Rlinsweden

Hi

I have an NUC6CAYH connected to a Philips TV. When connect RPI3 or Ipad air to The HDMI interface Everything is working ok.

When I connect The NUC  Libreelec X64 there is no sound. I have updated to bios 0041 but can't find any info if it contains 1.66 as for windows.

i'm now finished with all try outs and don't have any ideas more. Is it at all possible to connect such a device to a TV? If the answer is to supply a log, my answer is that i'm a user not a developer. If i'm the only user with such problem, the NUC will end in the trash can.

In the mean time I have tryed do downgrade BIOS but without any succés.

I have now also connected NUC 3050 on the same HDMI port on my TV and everything is ok. I Think I have now proved that NUC6CAYH has problem with HDMI sound,at least with Bios 0041.

Kind regards

Rlinsweden

• 1. Re: NUC6CAYH no HDMI Sound
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities. We are sorry to hear the NUC is not working as expected.

In regard to this matter, I just wanted to let you know that the tests performed by Intel on the NUC were done using Windows as the operating system, however we know that a lot of NUC owners are using it successfully on many different Linux distros.

So, just for testing purposes, do you have the option to test the NUC with Windows as operating system? This is just to confirm if the problem with the HDMI sound remains under that scenario.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: NUC6CAYH no HDMI Sound
            Stu.in.the.UK

Hi, may be a silly question. Have you configured the correct audio output in system settings/audio?  There may be several options to choose from.

IMG_20170920_002847772xx.jpg

IMG_20170920_003016264xx.jpg

Regards  Stu

• 3. Re: NUC6CAYH no HDMI Sound
              Rlinsweden

Hi All

Thanks for the rapid answers and suggestions. Yes, I have tryed all the sound outputs without any change. I took the ssd drive from the defekted NUC and putted in my old NUC 3050, started it and it's running out of the box as also a Rasperry PI3 and IPAD AIR2 does.. I'm a user, not a tester, nor a developer, so the project is finished for me. The defected NUC will be in a box together with other useless HW.

Alberto, if you testing the devices only with windows, I suggest that you immediately stop Selling barebones without OS. In my World year 2017 X64 barebones are equipped with tested standard inrfaces.

Kind regards

Rolf Lindh

• 4. Re: NUC6CAYH no HDMI Sound
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                Alberto