2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2017 5:18 PM by Intel Corporation

1 mouse 2 monitors

talkingsongs

I am an amateur who just bought a Dell all-in-one. I two issues please.

Firstly, I'd like the mouse to be able to move independently between the two monitors and not simultaneously, as they do now..

Secondly, I'd like to change the resolution size of the second monitor.

Any help is greatly appreciated

• 1. Re: 1 mouse 2 monitors
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® communities. We will do our best in order to try to provide the information you are looking for.

In regard to you first inquiry, the reason why the mouse is working like that is because maybe the display mode was set to: “clone” so we need to change it to “extended”. If the unit is working with Intel® Graphics controller we just need to get into the Intel® Graphics control panel to change that. Please right click anywhere on the desktop, look for the option that says” Graphics Properties” choose “Display” then “Multiple Displays” and you will see the option to change the display mode.

Now, to change the resolution of the second monitor, do the same, get into the Intel® Graphics control panel, select “General Settings”, then where it says “Select Display” choose the second monitor to change the resolution.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: 1 mouse 2 monitors
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
            Alberto R