3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 2:33 AM by Cpt.Dogfruit

Heat + E6550 processor

patrickt

I have a DP35DP motherboard with an E6550. Normally, it runs well below the max temp of 66 degrees. When I use Lightroom for editing photos the temps will bounce up and down going as high a 70-72 degrees for the processor. The rest of the temps are within acceptable limits.

A. Will this cause a problem?

B. Do you have a suggestion to resolve the issue?

• 1. Re: Heat + E6550 processor
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

To be honest the temps are fine, you will soon know if the CPU is getting too hot as it will start throttling itself, if it gets too hot it will just shut down.

To get it cooler, the advise is the ussual, airflow, dust free, right amount of thermal paste...

• 2. Re: Heat + E6550 processor
            spearson

These temperatures are a little high, but nowhere near high enough to be terribly concerned. Intel(R) QST, in order to manage acoustics better, will allow the temperature to go a little above Tcontrol for a short period of time when thermals are first building up. Following this, however, it will hold the temperature at the Tcontrol level from there on out. If this is what you are seeing, then you have nothing to worry about. If you are seeing the temperature stay up at these levels, however, then it would be a good idea to do something about it. Cpt.Dogfruit mentioned some of the standard things to look for. Dust buildup is the easiest one to do something about. I believe that folks should vacuum out their PC (or, easier, take it outside and use a can of compressed air to blow out all the dust buildup) at least once every 3 months...

• 3. Re: Heat + E6550 processor
              Cpt.Dogfruit

Compressed air yes...vacuum NO!!!!!!!!!!