Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

X540 T2 port/network question

DTiao
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a 10gb network card to install into my Supermicro SYS-5018A-FTN4. I currently am running PFsense and I was wondering, the supermicro only has 1 pcie slot. Will this card be able to do one port for uplink and one port for downloads?

The network I want to install will be as followed.

Modem Arris SB8200> x540 T2 Pfsense box > Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG > X540T1(homepc)

I have no professional experience in networking. This is purely for my home/hobby use.

Thanks for your help.

David Tiao

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Tiaochiyu,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. You may contact Supermicro* the system vendor to check what are the network card models that have been validated and compatible on their system. With regards to the port for uplink and download, this depends on the software how you configure the port usage. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Tiaochiyu,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. You may contact Supermicro* the system vendor to check what are the network card models that have been validated and compatible on their system. With regards to the port for uplink and download, this depends on the software how you configure the port usage. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tiaochiyu,

Please feel free to update me if you still have other inquiries. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos