Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

QG82915GM Power Dissipation

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm a thermal engineer creating a C&RTech Thermal Desktop model of a PCB and chipset. I'm having trouble finding documentation on the graphics chip with part number QG82915GM; specifically, I need the amount of dissipated heat generated by the graphics chip. I understand that joining this forum is probably a shot in the dark; I tried calling intel, but the operator didn't know what to do with my call. Needless to say, I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!!!

Regards,

JP Elchert

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi

All publiclyavailable info is here http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27715<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That's wonderful information; I really appreciate it. However, I found an ambiguity. If you look here,

http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/305264.pdf http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/305264.pdf

You'll see that it lists the TDP at only 6W. Now, I'm a thermal guy, not an electrical guy, so I'm probably overlooking some difference between the chips that the two documents reference. Are the documents referencing different chips or is there a problem with the TDP values? Again, thanks a lot. I love the username, by the way.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

After some more digging, I found Intel document 30599201 (Mobile intel 915Gm express chipset GMCH Thermal Design Guide) where it shows a table of various TDP values for the chip. The TDP depends on number of channels (single or dual), front side bus frequency, memory type, internal graphics frequency, DMI, and v_cc. I'm going to have to contact someone who knows what's going on with this particular avionics box. That should do it for this thread! Thanks a lot for helping! I might be back with random chipset questions; let's hope it doesn't come to that. Take care!!!

0 Kudos