7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 12:49 AM by gerdeol

No Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD

gerdeol

I´ve a nuc7i5BNK. I installed the latest graphic drivers and the HDMI Patch. But there is still no HD sound. For more information I attach  my SSU-file. My NUC is connected over a Denon Reiceiver to a Samsung UHD TV via hdmi. I hope you can help me.

• 1. Re: No Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD
          TX

What software are you using to play the files with HD audio content?

• 2. Re: No Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD
            biggggant

I have the same issue. as a workaround i used the usb-c -to hdmi adapter to my avr for sound and the hdmi on the nuc to the hdmi on my tv for video

Only stereo audio with nuc7i3bnh connected to Samsung TV

• 3. Re: No Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD
              gerdeol

Hello biggggant,

I use powerDVD 17 and Kodi. I also asked Cyber Link for help. But no answer so far.

My Receiver is he Denon AVRX1300WBKE2 and my TV is SamsungUE65KU6099UXZ6. On both is the latest firmware installed

• 4. Re: No Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD
                gerdeol

Hello TX,

I use powerDVD 17 and Kodi. I also asked Cyber Link for help. But no answer so far.

My Receiver is the Denon AVRX1300WBKE2 and my TV is SamsungUE65KU6099UXZ6. On both is the latest firmware installed.

• 5. Re: No Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD
                  spudsong

Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD & ATMOS all work fine on my setup if I run Windows 10. They do NOT work if running Linux.

My setup is:

Denon AVRX6200W

Samsung UN60JU6500FXZA

Intel NUC7i7BNH - 32 GB RAM

Operating Systems (triple boot):

Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition with Kodi 17.4 and Dolby plugin from the Windows Store

Ubuntu Budgie

LibreELEC

When Windows 10 updated itself to the Creators Edition a dialog box popped after auto-detecting that these enhanced audio features were present. It directed me to a free Dolby plugin in the Windows Store. After installing this plugin, The audio setup in Windows 10 correctly showed the 5.1 speaker setup I have plus the 4 speaker setup I have installed in the ceiling. It allowed me to test each of the 9 speakers, plus the sub-woofer to verify that they work and are connected as they should be. This was all done with the Windows setup when you right-click on the speaker icon in Windows (next to the clock) and select "Playback devices". While testing this the display on the Denon correctly showed "ATMOS" as the audio type being played.

I then started up Kodi and changed the audio settings in it to reflect the updated Windows 10 settings, making sure that the Denon was the audio source with 5.1 speakers and selected "Pass-through" audio with Denon again as the audio source, which enabled all the different audio options to be selected including Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD.

I have a BluRay ATMOS test image that I played through Kodi that plays different video clips with ATMOS enabled and it sounds pretty incredible. I have a couple of other test images that plays clips with Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD, among some additional audio formats, and they tested fine as well.

But.. if I boot up to LibreELEC (OpenELEC) or Ubuntu I cannot get ATMOS, Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD to play at all. I either get a very loud buzz or nothing at all. I have read in other threads and forums where this is more of an Intel issue rather than a Linux issue. Some point to a Linux issue which seems to be more of a ******* match than a resolution as nothing appears to be progressing past the finger pointing. Meanwhile, the customer is the one suffering while those responsible do nothing at all.

I much rather use LibreElec as my entertainment center source rather than Windows 10 + Kodi. It is much more stable and barely uses any resources. With Windows 10 + Kodi the fan in the NUC is constantly revving up the speed even when nothing is playing.

I also have an Intel NUC D54250WYK setup, that I moved from another room in my house, that plays perfectly all these formats in LibreElec, Ubuntu and Windows 10 (with or without the Dolby Plugin). If I had known that these wouldn't play in Linux on the Intel NUC7i7BNH when I bought it, I wouldn't have wasted my money on it!

• 6. Re: No Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD
                    TX

if you are using Kodi and windows 10 please select the WASAPI audio device and not direct sound. It needs to be set in two places in Kodi. Then enable the HD bitstream audio formats you want to pass to your receiver. That should fix it for you.

Linux currently does not support any of the HD bitstream formats.

• 7. Re: No Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD
                      gerdeol

In the meantime Kodi works.

But PowerDVD still not. There is coming no sound when start Power DVD in fullscreen with a HDR Video. Cyberlink couldn´t help me so far.

Intel do you have a clou?