2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 8:59 AM by Intel Corporation

0xA0080001 error in OptaneMemory software

JayRandom

Hi,

After installation of Optane board, OptaneMemory software installation, after second reboot i see a message "Optane Memory ran into error 0xA0080001".

This error isn't even listed in FAQs and/or troubleshooting guides.

- i have boot "Basic GPT" 3.6TB disk with 2.1GB unpartitioned space;

- MSI V250B PRO-VD motherboard set into UEIF mode, and "Optane enabled" setting (don't know, what it means, but other option is "General", it doesn't work with it neither).

I did carefully read topics here and did google: seems i'm The First Guy on this Planet, who did meet such trouble.

I ran out of options what to check or what to look for.

Can you help?

What i can do to make this thing work?

• 1. Re: 0xA0080001 error in OptaneMemory software
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi JayRandom, 

We understand your situation regarding the error 0xA0080001 error in Intel® Optane™ Memory software. 

We would like to let you know that this is a generic software error, it does not have a description. 

Could you please try to uninstall and reinstall the Optane™ software again. 

If the situation occurs again, please attach the following information: 

- Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create and save a report with all sections, then add your reply to this thread and use the Advanced editor options to attach the resulting file to your post. 

-Please share the logs from the following location: C:\Users\Yourusername\Intel\Logs

-Attach a screenshot from the Intel® Optane™ Memory software showing the error code. 

Regards, 
          Junior M. 

• 2. Re: 0xA0080001 error in OptaneMemory software
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi JayRandom, 

We haven't heard back from you in a while. We would like to know if you have further questions or concerns we can assist you with. 

Best regards,
            Junior M.