Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Configuring an R1304SPOSHBNR

ncoll4
Beginner

Hello,

I am configuring an R1304SPOSHBNR 1U Rackmount Server.

I would like to know if the e3-1245v6 CPU is compatible with this.

If it is not compatible I would use an e3-1240v6 but this CPU has not got integrated graphics, would I need to have a graphics card in the expansion slot to get VGA video out?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Nathan,

The compatible processor with the Intel® Server System R1304SPOSHBNR is the model Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1240 v6. As you mention before graphics are not embedded on the processor; however, the board comes with graphics included on the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC), the board comes with a VGA video port.

The technical product specification of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/S1200SP_TPS_R1_1_S1200SPL_S1200SPS_S1200SPO.pdf Intel® Server Board S1200SP product family gives us more details of the board.

In regard the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1245 v6, this processor includes graphics and it is only supported by the Intel® Server Board S1200SPLR (uATX).

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact me replying to this post.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kenny6,

I am following your case, please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Kenny6,

I am wondering if you need anything else from my side.

Regards,

Mike
0 Kudos