8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 4:07 PM by Intel Corporation

utility

arcagiam

ho scaricato utilty intel per l'aggiornamento driver, procede tutto bene ma alla fine dell'installazione mi esce fuori il seguente errore:

cosa posso fare?

grazie dell'attenzione

Gian Piero

• 1. Re: utility
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Chipsets communities. We will do our best in order to try to fix this problem:

In order to provide the most accurate solution, please provide the following information:
          What is the model of the motherboard?
          What is the model of the processor?
          If this is a laptop, what is the model of the laptop?
          Which Windows version are you using?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: utility
            arcagiam

model of the motherboard: et2400in-ig

model of the processor: intel ® core ™ i3 CPU

Windows version: Windows 10 HOME

• 3. Re: utility
              arcagiam

model of the motherboard: et2400in-ig

model of the processor: intel ® core ™ i3 CPU

Windows version: Windows 10 HOME

• 4. Re: utility
                Intel Corporation

: Thank you very much for providing that information. The reason I asked for the model of your system was in order to look for the drivers provided by the manufacturer of it on their web site. The Intel® driver update utility sometimes is not that accurate in finding an updating the drivers, specially if it is not an Intel board inside the computer. I search for the model of the board and I found the following link, not sure if it is the proper one because it is not the ASUS's official web site:
                http://asusdriversupdate.com/Download_ASUS_ET2400IN_1G_Intel_Chipset_Inf_Update_Program_Package_v_9_1_2_1008_driver.html

On the other hand, on their official web site nothing is showing when I enter the model you gave us and in that case it will be better to get in contact with them directly:
                https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/
                https://www.asus.com/it/support/

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                Alberto R

• 5. Re: utility
                  arcagiam

Hi, Thanks for the communication. I contacted them directly two days ago and responded to me as follows: "In relation to the problem highlighted, we encourage you to update Intel drivers by automatic procedure at the following link: http://www.intel.it/content/www/it/it/support/detect.html Unfortunately, I can not come to terms with it

• 6. Re: utility
                    Intel Corporation

Hi Thank you for providing those updates. Normally the manufacturer of the board or laptop is the one that provides all the drivers for the system to work without any problems, including the chipset driver. It is strange that the model of your computer is not showing in their web site for you to make sure you are installing the proper drivers.
                    There is a way to install the chipset driver manually, but in order for that process to work you will need to download the driver and then installing it following the steps below:
                    Open Cortana
                    Enter cmd in there to open up the command prompt
                    Enter cd desktop (For this step the work, after you unzip the files, please save the chipset.exe on the desktop)
                    After that enter: setupchipset.exe –overall

From our side that is the best we can do to try to fix this problem, in this case to get in contact with ASUS again to find out where you can download the drivers for your computer will be the next thing to do.

Regards,
                    Alberto R

• 7. Re: utility
                      arcagiam

Hi Alberto

Thanks for the information, but I did not understand the passage "Insert cmd there to open the command prompt Insert desktop cd (for this step the job, after deleting the files, saves the chipset.exe on the desktop) After that enter: setupchipset.exe - generally Where do I download the drivers? Can you specify the links? Thank you again for your availability

• 8. Re: utility
                        Intel Corporation

Hi You are very welcome. Cortana is a feature that Windows® 10 has, it allows you to search for documents and tools, so once you enter cmd in there you should be able to get a black screen to enter those commands. In regard to your question, yes, that is actually what I was trying to explain, that I was not able to find the drivers, ASUS should be able to provide them or a least a site where you can download them. Normally the driver came as a .zip file, so you need to unzip it and then follow the steps above.

Regards,
                        Alberto R