5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 10:29 AM by rguevara

Unattended BIOS Configuration and update

Hanno

Hi,

I´m trying to automate the configuration of the NUC5i5MYBE so Secure Boot, UEFI, Bootorder etc is in place, but as I read in the instructions the way to accomplish this is to boot into "Internal UEFI Shell" and then export the configuration to a new file that can be applied to other NUC... my problem is to be able to boot into "internal UEFI Shell" one must disable Secure Boot, and the configuration will therefor have Secure boot disabled...  We do have a lot of NUC´s, so any directions or input are appreciated

Thanks

Jesper Hanno

• 1. Re: Unattended BIOS Configuration and update
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Hanno,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC community. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Could please provide more details of the issue you are facing? We would like to get a clearer picture of this matter, also let us know how many units are you working with. Finally, I would like to know if you have heard of the Intel® Integrator Toolkit.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 2. Re: Unattended BIOS Configuration and update
            Hanno

Hello Amy,

Thanks for your reply

I did read the information regarding the Intel Integrator Toolkit and as I understand I can use the tool make an export of the current BIOS configuration to a file that then can be imported into other NUC´s with the same model number. To create the custom BIOS I need to boot into the Internal UEFI Shell witch requires disabling Secure Boot... if I then export the BIOS the secure boot is disabled, right? We need Secure Boot to be enabled so is there a way to create a custom BIOS configuration with secure boot enabled we then can apply to our for now 50 NUC´s (We are getting a few hundred NUC´s from now on...)

Thanks

Jesper Hanno

• 3. Re: Unattended BIOS Configuration and update
              lw1948

With previous version of ITK (v5.0.4.575) you will be able to modify locally saved bios file. Contact with Intel Customer Support (directly) to get this ITK version. You can find this version on the web -( google ITK 5.0.4.575). Once installed, read the help hoe to use it.

Leon

• 4. Re: Unattended BIOS Configuration and update
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you for the clarification Hanno.

Please let me double check that, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 5. Re: Unattended BIOS Configuration and update
                  rguevara

Hello Hanno,

We no longer make ITK prior to version 6.0 available to customers nor provide support for that. Leon thanks for your feedback and you are probably right about it (I have not tested that with recent NUCs but unfortunately due to internal policies we cannot provide earlier ITK versions to customers). The latest ITK version we have available on the web is Version 6.1.6 Download Intel® Integrator Toolkit

I cant think of any other Intel tool that can do that and I am not aware of any third party, as Leon said maybe ITK version 5 can do that but we just cannot officially recommend it.

Regards,

Ronny G