Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

USB Provisioning issue. USB data missing current Intel ® ME password

idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm using USBFile.exe to provision a shipment of brand new Lenovo M58p desktops. When trying, I receive the error message, "USB data missing current Intel ® ME password". I believe I have everything setup correctly. I am trying to use version 2.1 as it should be the correct version to use on this hardware.

The Intel Management Engine BIOS Extension version is 5.05.0010

The ME Firmware version is 5.2.0.1009

The command line I'm using to create the setup.bin is USBFile.exe -create setup.bin admin PassW@rd1 -v 2 -amt -hash c:\AMTProv.cer PKI1

I've tried version 1 and it provisions the ME password but does not provision the RootCA

Version 2 and Version 2.1 I receive the USB data missing current Intel ® ME password error.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I know these systems are unprovisioned and version 1 works except for the RootCA.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jianjun_H_Intel
Employee

Have you tried to set the ME to factory defaults before provision? Or have you tried to use password "admin" to enter ME for a double confirmation that your system is not provisioned before you do USB provision.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I've reset to factory defaults and unhooked the CMOS battery to reset the password but still receive the message that I'm missing the current ME password. I've even double checked by trying to get into the ME BIOS and the admin password is set properly and requests to be changed. I was hoping that I'm missing something simple but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I figured out the issue. I had to add a line to the command -consume 1. The USB key only provisions one time before it needs the setup.bin reapplyed with UKPU but I can deal with that knowing that it's at least working. Now to educate myself on the consume command...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem but when i add -consume 1 i am getting new error "Provisioning data record header is invalid: Maybe someone have the issue because i am trying to fix it about 2 days

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem but when i add -consume 1 i am getting new error "Provisioning data record header is invalid: Maybe someone have the issue because i am trying to fix it about 2 days.

0 Kudos