11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 11:06 AM by rguevara

NUC7i5BNH - Dual 1080p screen flickering issue

AasimP

Hi everyone,

So i recently purchased an Intel NUC 7th Generation i5 (NUC7i5BNH) with 8GB Crucial Memory (1x 8Gb) & Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD, along with Dual LG 27MP68HM 1080p monitors.

I am running the latest BIOS v.0050 & graphics drivers.

I am using the HDMI Cable that came with the monitor and i am using a usb-c to HDMI dongle. If I run a single monitor whether its direct HDMI or via USB-C dongle I don't have any issues or any flickers on the monitor. but if I am running both monitors (in extended mode) both my monitors keep flickering every few seconds... usually the flicker lasts less than a second so i cannot make out what it is, but sometimes i've noticed its vertical line along the bottom half of one monitor & horizontal lines along the middle & bottom end of the second monitor.

I've switched cables, i've swapped monitors around & didn't notice any issues running single monitor.. usually when i am watching Youtube or any video on one montior & have a website open on the other thats when i see screen flicker. but sometimes its even when there is nothing on either of the screens.

I will try to create a video and upload on Youtube to show what i mean but that's all i can explain as of now, i Know there is an similar thread here for 4k display but mine is 1080p.

Update: I have the similar flicker as seen in the video, excluding the part where screen turns off & on.

NUC NUC6i5SYH and LG 31MU97 flickering on DP - YouTube