4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 4:10 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel DnX Driver does not work

greyshades1

I am having a problem in getting Joule's USB-C (DNX) being detected on Windows 10 PC. I am using an Intel Joule 570 expansion board.

I am following this link

https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-the-bios-on-joule

Have installed the driver via FlashUsbDriver-1.0.0.exe via the installer in joule-firmware-2017-06-26-1J2-public\DNX\DNX-dldrcli

I have tried on 2 different laptops running Windows 10, but unlike the following 2 links below, the "Intel DnX Device" does not even show up on my device manager under "Other devices" when I see hidden devices to be visible.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/105667?q=Intel%20DnX%20Driver%20Doesn%27t%20work

https://communities.intel.com/thread/115175?q=Intel%20DnX%20Driver%20Doesn%27t%20work

I have also looked at another relevant link, but it does not seems to work as I am unable to see the "Intel DnX device"

https://communities.intel.com/thread/109766?q=Intel%20DnX%20Driver%20does%20not%20work

• 1. Re: Intel DnX Driver does not work
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi greshades1,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m sorry to hear you are facing that issue, in order to help you I would like to know a little bit more information:

• Have you used any of those PCs to install the Joule’s BIOS before?
          • Before installing the drivers, have you checked the “Checking Your Host Environment” section just to remove the file indicated there in case they have previously been installed?
          • Just to confirm, you ran the FlashUsbDriver-1.0.0.exe located in this path: joule-firmware-2017-06-26-1J2-public\DNX\DNX-dldrcli\installer in the firmware folder you extracted and reboot the host
          • Have you tried using different Type-A to Type-C USB cable?
          • Are you using a 12V@3A power supply?

I’ll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
          -Yermi A.
          • 2. Re: Intel DnX Driver does not work
            greyshades1

Hi Yermi A.,

Thanks for your reply!

See answers below!

• Have you used any of those PCs to install the Joule’s BIOS before?

No.

• Before installing the drivers, have you checked the “Checking Your Host Environment” section just to remove the file indicated there in case they have previously been installed?

Yes. I have checked, they were not installed previously

• Just to confirm, you ran the FlashUsbDriver-1.0.0.exe located in this path: joule-firmware-2017-06-26-1J2-public\DNX\DNX-dldrcli\installer in the firmware folder you extracted and reboot the host

Yes that is right. That is what I run to install the driver

• Have you tried using different Type-A to Type-C USB cable?

No. As I only have 1 cable. I can try another cable to see if it makes a difference.

• Are you using a 12V@3A power supply?

I believe I am using a 12V@2A power supply, I will check later to be sure. I don't think the power is an issue as I am able to access the device via PuTTY using Serial with USB-B slot.

• 3. Re: Intel DnX Driver does not work
              Intel Corporation

Hi greshades1,

Thanks for the information provided. Also, I would like to know if the driver appears installed under “Programs and Features”. If you can post a screenshot it would be great. Additionally, I encourage you to try using a different USB cable to see if it makes a difference and share with us your results.

Regards,
              -Yermi A.

• 4. Re: Intel DnX Driver does not work
                Intel Corporation

Hi greshades1,

Have you tried using different Type-A to Type-C USB cables? Does the driver appear installed under “Programs and Features”?

Regards,
                -Yermi A.