2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 10:20 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC5i5RYB  running Ubuntu15.04

miki123

I have the above NUC for 1.5 year . Thus far working OK running UBUNTU 15.04

The Audio connection used to work ok . volume weakened lately . Now does not work any more.  Checked my earphones separately
      They work ok elsewhere.

I entered the BIOS (F2) and checked the Devices section/ Onboard device Communication .

The audio is enabled there ( never updated the BIOS after buying , but as said Audio worked fine )

Looked at the temperatures :
      CPU 53

Motherboard 40

Memory 42

PCH 48

CPU FAN speed = 3461

Reboot did not help .  Any Idea where/how  it can be fixed/ checked ?

Suppose the Audio need be fixed . Does that mean the whole motherboard/ NUC need be replaced ?
      I bought the NUC t in Amazon and I am  in Israel

thanks miki

• 1. Re: NUC5i5RYB  running Ubuntu15.04
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello miki123,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the audio on this unit.

Have you tried reinstalling all the proper drivers for your Intel® NUC and this operating system? I would recommend this before considering this matter as a hardware failure. From my end, the support for Linux is limited; therefore, my recommendation is to use Ubuntu forums in order to get check if your system is up to date, visit the community here: Ubuntu Forums. One more thing I would recommend in your case is to test Ubuntu 16.04.

Regarding your question, in case you are able to confirm a hardware failure the whole unit would need to be replaced.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 2. Re: NUC5i5RYB  running Ubuntu15.04
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

miki123, hope you were able to follow the suggestion mentioned.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.