6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 2:37 AM by Jayelee

DH67BL Bios update & HDMI not working

Jayelee

Hi Guy! My PC configuration is i3-2100 + DH67BL with bios version 0132. I know the product is discontinous and hope can have some technical advise. I purchase a new Samsung S22FHE350 LED monitor and to try to connect with HDMI cable but no display although already restart PC and select the source of HDMI at monitor. If connected to DVI port got display.

1.Do i need to change any setting at bios or is driver issue???

2.Do the bios version 0132 got issue with HDMI problem???

3.If update bios to version 0160, can i update from 0132 straight to 0160???

Pls avised. Thanks

• 1. Re: DH67BL Bios update & HDMI not working
          N.Scott.Pearson

Here's responses to your questions:

1. There is only a single parameter related to the monitor type, namely Configuration - Video - Primary Video Adapter. If you have kept this set to Auto (the default), you should be ok (this presuming you are only plugging in one monitor at a time).
          2. You are on BIOS 132. The latest available for your board is BIOS 160. According to the release notes ( which, BTW, includes no indications of any specific problems with any of the monitor connectors), it was noted that the Video BIOS firmware was upgraded in BIOS 155. While I will always recommend that you update all the way to the latest available BIOS (BIOS 160), you should update to at least BIOS 155 (in order to get this latest Video BIOS firmware).
          3. No, you cannot jump directly to BIOS 160 (or BIOS 155 for that matter). BIOS 151 is marked as a transitional BIOS that makes structural changes in the firmware organization. You must thus install BIOS 151 before then installing BIOS 160 (or BIOS 155). Use this process:

1. On another Windows-based PC, insert a USB 2.0 flash disk. This disk should be of minimum of 1GB in size. Do not use USB 3.0 flash disk!
            2. Even if it has been done before, reformat this flash stick now using the FAT32 file system.
            3. Download BIOS file BL0151P.BIO. It is available here: Download BIOS Update [BLH6710H.86A.0151].
            4. Copy (drag) this file onto the USB flash disk and then properly unmount it (in file explorer, right-click on the entry for the USB flash disk and choose Eject).
            5. Power off the DH67BL system.
            6. Connect monitor using DVI connector.
            7. Remove the (yellow) jumper from the BIOS Setup configuration jumper block on the board. This will be the only yellow jumper on the board, so should be easy to find (its near SATA connectors).
            8. Plug the USB flash disk into one of the (black) USB 2.0 ports on the rear panel of the board. Do not use (blue) USB 3.0 ports. Do not use front panel USB ports.
            9. Power on the system. It should automatically start the BIOS Recovery process. A display of its progress should be seen on the monitor.
            10. When the display indicates that the BIOS recovery process is completed, power off the system.
            11. Take USB flash disk back to other Windows-based PC.
            12. Download BIOS file BL0160.BIO. If is available here: Download BIOS Update [BLH6710H.86A.0160]. Alternatively (though not recommended by me), you could download BIOS file BL0155P.BIO instead. It is available here: Download BIOS Update [BLH6710H.86A.0155].
            13. Delete BIOS file BL0151P.BIO from the USB flash disk.
            14. Copy (drag) BIOS file BL0160.BIO (or BL0155P.BIO) onto the USB flash disk and then properly unmount it (in file explorer, right-click on the entry for the USB flash disk and choose Eject).
            15. Plug the USB flash disk into one of the (black) USB 2.0 ports on the rear panel of the board.
            16. Power on the system. It should (again) start the BIOS Recovery process. A display of its progress should be seen on the monitor.
            17. When the display indicates that the BIOS recovery process is completed, power off the system.
            18. Reinstall the (yellow) jumper onto pins 1 and 2 of the BIOS Setup configuration jumper block.
            19. Power on the system.
            20. When splash screen appears on screen, use F2 key to enter BIOS Setup.
            21. In BIOS Setup, press F9 key followed by Y key to reset the BIOS configuration to defaults.
            22. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration (Boot order, SATA mode, etc.) that your hardware configuration absolutely requires.
            23. Press F10 key followed by Y key to exit from BIOS Setup saving the (new) BIOS configuration.
            24. Ensure that you can still boot to Windows.
            25. Shutdown and power off system.
            26. Connect HDMI monitor.
            27. Power on and verify that you can see BIOS splash screen.
            28. Boot to Windows and verify no issues with display.

That's it. Clear as mud?

Let me know if you have any additional questions...

...S

• 2. Re: DH67BL Bios update & HDMI not working
            Jayelee

Dear Scott,

I have upgrade the bios and below is the result.

1. Upgrade to version 0151 - No display at POST & Win7 but got display with DVI connection.

2. Upgrade to version 0155 - Got display at POST but no display when boot into win7. OK with DVI connection during POST & Win7.

3. Upgrade to version 0160 - No display at POST & Win7 but got display with DVI connection.

Should I downgrade to version 0155? How to downgrade??? I'm using the *.exe files to upgrade the bios. Can i use the 0155.exe bios files for downgrade???

If successful downgrade to 0155, i will encounter another problem no display during boot into Win7??? Pls advised. Thanks

• 3. Re: DH67BL Bios update & HDMI not working
              N.Scott.Pearson

First of all, I *never* recommend the use of the Windows-based Express BIOS Update (EBU) executables. Too many issues happen as a result of using these files.

If you would like to run with BIOS 155, you need to download the BL0155P.BIO file and install it using the Recovery Method (documented here: Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions).

Here is my additional input for this process:

1. Use only USB 2.0 flash disks. Do not use USB 3.0 flash disks!
              2. Reformat this USB 2.0 flash disk using the FAT32 file system. Do this regardless of whether you believe it to already be properly formatted!
              3. Use a (black) USB 2.0 port on the back panel of the board. Do not use (blue) USB 3.0 ports! Do not use (yellow) charging ports! Do not use front panel USB ports!

Hope this helps,

...S

• 4. Re: DH67BL Bios update & HDMI not working
                Jayelee

I understand i can downgrade back to 0155. But i still have problem of no display during boot into Win7 with bios version 0155?  How can i resolve it?

• 5. Re: DH67BL Bios update & HDMI not working
                  N.Scott.Pearson

Do you have the latest available version of the Intel Graphics driver installed on Windows 7 already? If not, do so (using DVI) and then test again (using HDMI). While I have seen issues with HDMI at BIOS, I have not seen issues at Windows (at least not with 1080p monitor - your's is 1080p, right?)...

...S

• 6. Re: DH67BL Bios update & HDMI not working
                    Jayelee

After i upgrade my bios to 0155, i have install the latest graphic driver =GFX_Win7_Win8_Win8.1_64_9.17.10.3347. My new monitor support 1080p .but the result is got display at POST and no display during boot to win7 with HDMI connection. Are the driver is latest one? If yes, What can i do?