3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2017 4:44 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel® H81 Chipset HDMI input

Stubbs

Can I plug another computer in the HDMI input port and process the image on my own OS, or is the HDMI input port only for turning my computer into another monitor?

• 1. Re: Intel® H81 Chipset HDMI input
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Stubbs,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

You can connect a TV or a monitor to an HDMI port but you cannot plug another computer in the HDMI port.

I’m not sure what you are trying to do but HDMI from computers only send signal out.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

• 2. Re: Intel® H81 Chipset HDMI input
            Stubbs

My device has an HDMI Input port, and if I plug another computer to the hdmi port the first device can be used as a monitor.

For clarity: Device A and B are both all-in-one computing systems (basically giant tablets). I connect Device B's output HDMI to Device A's input HDMI. Device A then becomes a monitor. Device A also uses an Intel H81 Chipset.
            My question is can I use Device A as a computer, and process data coming into it's HDMI input port?

Thank you for your time,

Joshua Stubbs

• 3. Re: Intel® H81 Chipset HDMI input
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Honestly this is something that we haven’t tried and if it has been tested it was most likely done by the computer manufacturer, I understand that both have the same chipset but this depends on how your computer manufacturer designed it.

In this case, you will get better answer at your computer manufacturer support, to I doubt this can be done since the all in one since are made to provide output though HDMI and not input but you can consult that with your computer manufacturer as well.

Regards,

Ivan U.