Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

What are Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2 and Vid_8087&Pid_0AC3?

KSchu5
Beginner

As part of the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Windows 10-64 15063.540 reports at every system start some system warnings regarding the Intel devices Pid_0AC2 and Pid_0AC3.

Does anybody know what these devices are?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful answer.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello KurtS,

Thank you for joining the Processors community.

Could you please the information below?
  • Screenshot of the warnings
  • Processor model
  • Computer model

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
KSchu5
Beginner

Hello Amy,

The issue is much more complex than I would like to ask here. That's why I just asked what the Intel devices 0AC2 and 0AC3 are.

The computer is a HP Spectre x360 bought 3 weeks ago with Windows 10-64 Version 1703 and processor Intel i7-7500U. However, I have seen the same warnings below on Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, HP Pavilion, Lenovo and more. The commonality of all those computers are: Windows 10-64 Version 1703, Intel i5/i7 processors of the 7th generation and Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework version 8.2.1100x.y.

On every system start the Windows event log shows following 5 system warnings from Kernel Pnp, ID 219:

• Error loading driver \Driver\WUDFRd für das Gerät ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&1.
  • Error loading driver \Driver\WudfRd für das Gerät HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2\6&14677497&0&0000.
  • Error loading driver \Driver\WudfRd für das Gerät HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2\6&2721253c&0&0000.
  • Error loading driver \Driver\WudfRd für das Gerät HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2\6&39dad5e1&0&0000.
  • Error loading driver \Driver\WudfRd für das Gerät HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC3\6&1004d60e&0&0000.

The attached PDF shows screenshots of the device manager details.

I guess the system warnings may be related by the old Intel DPTF version 8.2 used. HP support is claiming that there is no newer Intel DPTF version (which is only partially true).

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Kurt S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the detailed explanation Kurt.

Now that I got a clearer scenario regarding this issue, I would like to take exterminate this thoroughly, so please allow me to do so. I will be updating your thread as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
KL2
Valued Contributor I

There's a newer DPTF package here: http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/downloads/ds118696 http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/downloads/ds118696

Release Notes: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1lhr03w.txt https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1lhr03w.txt

"[New functions or enhancements] - Added support of Windows 10 Creators Update."

It's a generic driver package as far as I can tell, so it should work on the different platforms you mentioned. I'd test it out, but I don't have proper hardware lying about right now.

There are newer versions listed in the Microsoft Update Catalog as well, and I'm surprised that Windows Updates hasn't picked it up for you.

0 Kudos
KSchu5
Beginner

Gize2,

Thanks for your offered help. As mentioned, the total issue is pretty complex and definitely not very glorious for most of the computer manufacturer including Intel. It wasn't my intention to discuss this mess in this thread, hence I asked only for the identification of the 2 "mystic" Intel components.

Your mentioned Lenovo/Intel DPTF version 8.2.11003.3588 is newer as the one released by HP for the Spectre notebook. However, this version will not solve the issue. HP offers the same version 8.2.11003.3588 for their Pavilion notebooks and I already tested this version without success. Unfortunately, I can't extract your referred Lenovo driver, but I am sure it won't work correct on any Lenovo computer with Kaby Lake platform.

Here's some more background:

• HP offers for the Spectre notebook only version 8.2.11000.2996 (Intel Release August 2016); however for other HP notebooks the newer version 8.2.11003.3588 (Intel Release Jan. 2017).
  • The Intel release notes for version 8.2.11003.3588 do not mention Windows 10 RS2 (1703), because at the release to the OEMs in January Windows 10 RS2 wasn't available.
  • Intel released in April 2017 a new version 8.3.10203.4295 to all OEMs, which should provide Windows 10 RS2 compatibility.
  • Dell applied their customisation to the basic Intel driver and released version 8.3.10203.4295 to their customers only 2 weeks ago.
  • On the Microsoft product catalogue is already a version 8.3.10205.4743 available dated June 22, 2017 by Intel. However, this version will not be offered via the usual Windows Update.
  • Even more strange, Microsoft released on August 16, 2017 version 8.2.11004.3973 for their updated Surface Pro tablet and claiming that this driver is compatible with Windows 10 1703. However, I have seen with this driver on a Surface Pro exactly the same issues with the Intel DPTF and components 0AC2 and 0AC3 as on my HP Spectre.

Let's see, if Amy can bring something to light.

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi KurtS.

I work for Intel Customer Support and I was looking into this question and did some research as we dont support Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework through this forum.

My recommendation is that you check with the manufacturer of the system, my understanding is that Intel DPTF comes either with the operating system or is deployed by the system builder and is a solution for power and thermal management for the platform

Here is some generic information about it (I know is not Windows specific but it may help to understand the functionality):

https://01.org/intel%C2%AE-dynamic-platform-and-thermal-framework-dptf-chromium-os/overview https://01.org/intel%C2%AE-dynamic-platform-and-thermal-framework-dptf-chromium-os/overview

I hope some other community member jumps in with additional information that may help you out but I would still recommend that you reach out to your system vendor.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
KSchu5
Beginner

Ronny,

Thanks for your effort and answer, even if those don't provide any new information to me. I never expected any solution of my Intel DPTF issue from this forum, because the focus is on processors and Intel doesn't provide any end user support regarding DPTF.

Nevertheless, I hoped that somebody here - maybe an Intel employee like you - could check an internal database what these devices with PID 0AC2 and 0AC3 are. Any publicly available database I could find, does't list those Intel devices. Knowing what they are would allow me a better understanding whether "my" DPTF issue is more cosmetic or serious.

Regards,

Kurt

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi KurtS.

I understand and will keep the community thread open.

I hope somebody jumps in and provides some help, just so you know: I did some internal research and I got nothing in return, maybe somebody with access to specific documentation.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos