I work for Intel Customer Support and I would like to try to address your concern the best I can, see my comments below:
- Intel has not validated any operating system different than Windows on these NUCs, see the official Operating System compatibility web site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-nuc-boards/000005628.html
- Operating Systems not listed on the web site mentioned above have not been officially validated but they may work just fine, customers are responsible for testing and validation.
- We do not validate any third party software application.
- I would recommend that you look for the hardware requirements needed for those applications to work and check against the NUC hardware:
- Here is the NUC TPS: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005545.html
- Here is the processor DataSheet: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-desktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html
I would also recommend that you have ARK handy for any quick reference: https://ark.intel.com/
If you have any specific question please let us know, otherwise I would encourage other community members to share any previous experience on this topic.