Items with no label
3335 Discussions

What is the depth resolution of the zr300 camera? With what accuracy can it tell the distance to a object?

TEll
Beginner

Hello @ all

I'm trying to use the zr 300 for navigation. Therefore I got 2 questions.

What is the depth resolution of the zr300 camera? With what accuracy can it tell the distance to a object?

Can the Infrared Camera detect glass?

I checked the manual and the datasheet, but I didn't found any answers.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I believe the margin of error of the current generation of RealSense cameras is around +- 5%. This may have improved further for the new super-powerful D415 and D435 models that are launching in September. Detailed specifications for those models are not available yet.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/400-series Intel® RealSense™ Depth Cameras D400-Series | Intel® Software

Reflective surfaces such as glass, jewelry and spectacles can make it harder for the camera to read those surfaces. It is possible to make it easier for the camera to perceive these surfaces by applying a powder or spray to the surface.

This snapshot from page 17 of the ZR300 data sheet may provide the depth resolution information that you seek.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I believe the margin of error of the current generation of RealSense cameras is around +- 5%. This may have improved further for the new super-powerful D415 and D435 models that are launching in September. Detailed specifications for those models are not available yet.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/400-series Intel® RealSense™ Depth Cameras D400-Series | Intel® Software

Reflective surfaces such as glass, jewelry and spectacles can make it harder for the camera to read those surfaces. It is possible to make it easier for the camera to perceive these surfaces by applying a powder or spray to the surface.

This snapshot from page 17 of the ZR300 data sheet may provide the depth resolution information that you seek.

0 Kudos