You might want to re-post this query in the Servers forum; that's where the experts on the Server motherboards hang out...
Hello and thanks for the response...
To say that i'm lost is probably the understatement of the year! I'm new to Intel, and am having some issues navigating my way around here.
I thought I had posted this in the server category... I gather that is not the case.
Can you please point me in the right direction, and I'll happily repost?
Your post is now in the Servers forum.
Thank you Al. For some reason, I could not move it to the Servers forum. I could move it practically anywhere else but not to Servers. Very bizarre...
Anyone with any insights on this request as yet?
You can download the latest firmware package for your Cottonwood Pass here:
How to Update:
1. After downloading the firmware package extract the files to the root of a fat/fat32 formatted flash drive.
2. Plug it into your system, and reboot.
3. During boot tap F6 for the boot menu
4. Select EFI Shell and hit enter.
5. At the EFI shell, it should detect the startup.nsh file on the root of the flash drive and will automatically start the update process. if not type map -r and hit enter, then fs0: then enter to access your flash drive. Once you are able to access your flash drive type startup.nsh and hit enter. (.nsh files work the same way a .bat or .cmd file does)
6. When you get to the FRU/SDR update, select option 3, then press N twice.
After the firmware update is complete power off the system and unplug it for 15-30 seconds. Now power on the system, it will take longer than normal to boot the first time because it is writing the backup BIOS.
Your firmware should now be up to date.
If you need more assistance see the file: README_&_Update_Instructions.txt in the firmware package.
In regards to your question, before updating to firmware version 0022 on your Intel® Server Board S2600CWR, the firmware version 019 or later needs to be installed. You can confirm this information by checking the release notes under the system software requirements section.
You can download version 0019 here and once you install it, proceed to update your system to version 0022.
For instructions on how to performing an update using the EFI shell, please check this website.
Finally, the FRUFIX utility is for the Intel® Server Board S2600CWR with the following PBAs numbers only: H12881-261, H12883-261, H12882-261 and H12884-261, please check this link for more detailed information.
We are following up your question and we would like to know if you were able to update the firmware on your system.