Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

Random disconnections

KNone
Beginner

Hi everyone

I'm coming here because I have a "little" and annoying problem... I'm encoutering random disconnections while using my PC on various stuffs (surfing, online gaming, ...) and i can't figure what the problem is :/

Here's my setup :

- My motherboard is an Asus B85-Plus which has "Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller"

- All my drivers are up-to-date

- I'm linked to my router by RJ45 through CPL's (Devolo).

- I'm using Windows 7

- My internet access provider does not suffer any disconnections, it comes from "me" (yes, I asked them to check the logs haha)

And here's some exta info's :

- A friend of mine has the exact same setup (hardware, cables, drivers, CPL, OS and IAP) and he doens't suffer any disconnections

- I tried with another brand of CPL, same problem

- I tried with another router behind my provider's one, same problem.

- I tried with a veeeeryyyyy long cable (around 15 metters haha), same problem.

When i'm playing a certain game, Killing Floor 2, it seems that the game send a bunch of pings during a short time ; is it possible that the network card crash because of it ?

When it appears, I have the little yellow "!" on my Internet Acces icon (on windows 7). If I right click, then click on "solve problems", it comes back 99 times on 100...

Thank you very much !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Dorango,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. As much as I wanted to help but Realtek is a third party product which is beyond our supporting scope. You may contact Realtek support or check with Asus the motherboard vendor where this NIC was embedded for them to better assist you e.g updating the driver or checking on the hardware.

Thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
KNone
Beginner

Hi !

Ok thanks for the info, i'm already trying by asus' side, i'll try with realtek too haha

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dorango,

You are welcome. Hope the issue will be fixed.

regards,

sharon

0 Kudos