Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

XL710 NVM v6.01

DHeki1
Novice

Just when I have a chance to flash a handful of XL710's from v5.02 to v5.05, I noticed today that v6.01 is available.

Q. I looked in the usual places but didn't file any release notes saying what was fixed. Are there any?

Q. Is NVM v6.01 compatible with any of the current VMware ESXi drivers on ESXi v6.0U2 or do we need to wait for a new driver?

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=io&productid=37984&releaseid=275&deviceCategory=io&details=1&partner=46&keyword=xl710&page=1&display_interval=10&sortColumn=Partner&sortOrder=Asc VMware Compatibility Guide - I/O Device Search

Q. Any ETA on the VMware Driver to match v6.01?

- David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
6 Replies
CKalb
Novice

It seems like the 6.01 firmware corresponds to the new 2.1.26 linux driver also released on 8/22/2017, which comes with some interesting release notes:

Nothing to be found on either the VMware HCL and/or download site, which is not very surprising at this point in time, though.

I will go ahead and ask that same question in my ongoing VMware support request (which has now - supposedly - reached engineering level). Maybe, just maybe, either Intel or VMware will start to communicate openly.

0 Kudos
DHeki1
Novice

Thanks for checking. The release notes look promising to resolve my issues, but I won't know until the VMware driver is released. I'll keep checking their HCL often.

Is it possible to downgrade from 6.01 to 5.05?

Also, The NVM Downgrade package for 5.05 also has the wrong contents.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26102 Download NVM Downgrade Package for Intel® Ethernet Adapters

- David

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi DHekimian,

Thank you for the update. I will check for you about the downgrade inquiry.

Can you enlighten me what is the wrong content in the NVM Downgrade package for Intel Ethernet Adapter page?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Regards,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi DHekimian,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed.

Thanks,

sharon
0 Kudos