5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2017 4:23 PM by Al Hill

I need the bios chip location

JamesA45

I need the bios chip location for intel MB Model# 684854-001 (Larrybird-B) category LGA

1155. I have tried to find a diagram of this motherboard but no luck. There are no distinct markings on the various chips on this motherboard to indicate it such as red dot, blue dot, etc.

• 1. Re: I need the bios chip location
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello JamesA45,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Unfortunately with the number you kindly provided I was not able to find anything, we will need the motherboard model to better assist you; you should be able to find the model in the BIOS or on the motherboard itself.

Can you locate the motherboard to better assist you?

Regards,

Ivan U.

• 2. Re: I need the bios chip location
            N.Scott.Pearson

I don't remember this as being the codename for any of the desktop (client) board products, so it must have been from elsewhere else (mobile/server/CRB). I have some general hints for where to look. With the board's back panel facing you (down), I would look first in the upper right-hand quadrant of the board and typically fairly close to the top edge. Unless this is a very old board, the flash component will be an 8-pin device that is roughly a quarter-inch square. It often has a black (marker) dot on it. If this is a CRB or pre-production board, it will likely be in a socket (allowing removal) rather than soldered to the board.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 3. Re: I need the bios chip location
              JamesA45

The desktop is an Envy Touchsmart 20-D013w. The motherboard model number is 684854-001 The HP name is Larrybird-B. Intel makes this board. I have not been able to find any info elsewhere on the layout. Usually the bios chip is marked with a colored dot but this one does not have that identifier. I thought surely intel would have that info. BTW the class category in an LGA1155.

• 4. Re: I need the bios chip location
                JamesA45

BTW I have the replacement chip. It does have a blue orientation marker. It is an eight pin (4 per side) soldered chip. No such marker exists on any chip on this board.

• 5. Re: I need the bios chip location
                  Al Hill

If the board was made for HP, then HP has the information you need.

Contact HP for more information.

Doc