I've been working on a Custom OEM Recovery Project on the ASUS ROG Forums, but I've noticed that for the G751 - the final Model ASUS released the G751JY can have a 'i7 4710HQ Haswell' or a 'i7 4860HQ Crystalwell'.
The problem is this:
D/L URL: dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/Chipset/Chipset_Intel_Skylake_Win10_64_VER10119.zip?_ga=2.91445586.933743925.1503663472-115729017.1503540811
The final supported driver release from ASUS for the G751JY contained a driver package named 'Chipset_Intel_Skylake_Win10_64_VER10119.zip'
This driver set, when extracted does not contain the relevant drivers for the CystalWell Processor.
SetupChipset.exe -Extract "drv.inf"
The only drivers the 4860HQ JY can use from that package are the LynxPointSystem drivers.
Using the Microsoft Update Catalog - the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D01&SUBSYS_22DA1043&REV_08 has one final possible driver to use 10.1.1.36
Subsequent Windows Updates recognize that the chipset driverset 10.1.1.36 are out of date - and search for a new package. However - the only driver package that supercedes 10.1.1.36 and contains the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D01 hardware drivers are a Server Chipset driver 10.1.2.86 Intel® Server Chipset Driver for Windows Download Information Page .
This leads to the problem where Windows Update Catalog only has one vendor listed for the 10.1.2.86 driver set - HON HAI PRECISION INDUSTRY CO.LTD
Windows will try to update the Notebook using the 10.1.1.XX branch
As a result - during Windows Updates - the G751JY with the CrystalWell i7-4860HQ - ends up with;
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C00Desc="Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor DRAM Controller - 0C00"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C01Desc="Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0C01"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C05Desc="Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x8 Controller - 0C05"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C09Desc="Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x4 Controller - 0C09"
when it should have;
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0d00Desc="Intel(R) 4th Gen Core processor DRAM Controller - 0D00"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0d01Desc="Intel(R) 4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0D01"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0d05Desc="Intel(R) 4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x8 Controller - 0D05"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0d09Desc="Intel(R) 4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x4 Controller - 0D09"
This happened to me quite a while back - however it was only recently that I discovered the cause, while I was working on the Custom OEM Style Recovery Image for the G751.
I've included the mup.xml for the Chipset Driver packages from the Intel Download pages.