2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2017 12:22 PM by Tom Cheng

NUC6i7KYK serial port

Tom Cheng

Hi friends,

I've got a quick question: does NUC6i7KYK have serial port?

Unfortunately, it didn't say in the spec. It would be great if, for example in the DE3815TYKHE's spec, it says 2 serial port available via internal header.

Any idea? Also does anyone know whether NUC6i7KYK NUC kit has a corresponding NUC board available (so that we probably get more I/O peripherals for debugging)?

Thanks!

Tom.

• 1. Re: NUC6i7KYK serial port
          N.Scott.Pearson

While the Super I/O IC used in the NUC6i7KYK does provide a (single) 16550-compatible UART, it shares pins with other necessary features and thus is not available. Further, since the processor used in the NUC6i7KYK comes from the Mobile (as opposed to the Embedded) processor line, it is not a SOC with embedded serial I/O capabilities. Bottom line, there are no useable serial ports in the NUC6i7KYK.

Sorry,

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: NUC6i7KYK serial port
            Tom Cheng

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

We're trying to boot our in-house kernel on the NUC6i7KYK and right now, without serial, we're like mudding in the dark.

So if you don't mind, I want to ask if you know whether the legacy mode (opposed to UEFI) of the NUC6i7KYK supports VGA mode so that we can just poke the B8000 video buffer?