Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. Can you double check the following?
1) Try changing the cable
2) Update the board BIOS in case not the latest version
3) Can you check if you have System Power Idle Saver in the advance property of the network adapter? If yes, can you try to disable or enable depend on the parameter set
4) What is the patch you refer to? Please share where you obtain the information.
5) As this is an onboard NIC on MSI* system, have you tried contacting MSI* for the customized driver, it is recommended to use the system vendor's driver which are validate driver for your system:
Please feel free to update me. Thanks.
Thank you very much in advance for your support and continuous interest on my issue, I excuse me for my later reaction:
I tried various settings based on your proposed steps, till now without success, but:
Based on everything I tried is, I am convinced the issue is really based on some failure during awaking the Ethernet plug from the sleep mode, but occassionally the internet is not functioning after starting the system as well (90% cases after sleep mode internet is not running, ca. 5% cases after starting the system from computer off).
What I need is a advice where exactly I can disable the sleep mode for the internet adapter: In some tutorials this option should be in the "Power Settings" of the adapter:
However, this option is not present in my configuration - please see attached file.
Can you advice me where I can switch the sleep (power saving) option off?
If this will not help, I am going to contact MSI.
Network_Adapter.png 538.6 K
Thank you for the reply. Can you try to check if there is advanced Tab in the property, adjust the value in "Energy Efficient Ethernet"? If not you may also check in the BIOS if there is power management option for you to disable.
As mentioned earlier you read about a patch which could solve the issue, can you share where you read that information?
As this is an onboard NIC, customization might be made in order to adapt to the board design, please try check with MSI* for the configuration and BIOS setting on where you can adjust the power management setting.
Please feel free to update me.
My issue has successfully be solved! - I contacted the MSI according to your advice and what a curiosity:
As I learnt from the support team:-The solution (our discussed "patch") is the NMV Update Utility by Intel itself and can be downloaded right from your website!;) :
- After installing this, the internet connection is always re-established after sleep mode and everything is running well!
Thank you once more for your help and directing me to the successfull solution!
Many greetings from Czech Republic, Europe
Greetings!!! Thank you for the update and this is indeed a good news that your issue is fixed. Glad that I could be of some help. Thank you.