4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2017 11:46 AM by Intel Corporation

No GPS lock for device in qGroundControl

aurusd

There is no GPS lock for device in qGroundControl.

Clip2net_170819174853.png

• 1. Re: No GPS lock for device in qGroundControl
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi aurusd,

It’s hard to know which the root cause of the issue might be. Could you provide some additional information so that I can provide you a better assistance? Please let us know the following:

1. Which firmware version are you using?
          2. Have you tested the GPS outdoors?
          3. When did you begin to notice this issue (out-of-box, after a firmware update, after a crash)?
          Additionally, I recommend you to double check that the antenna is correctly positioned and the wire connections are properly connected.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Diego V.
          • 2. Re: No GPS lock for device in qGroundControl
            aurusd

Good day! Of course.

1. For now i have used last firmware version 1.5.1

2. Yes, i have tested outdoors, but there is no signal gps. Firmware version before 1.5.1 was less 1.2 and gps from out-box was worked.

3. For now antenna is raise up, i have check connection. If i disconnect gps from drone, i will have more problems in Qgroundcontrol, something like cant find external compass or something else. I suppose its mean there is normal connection with gps module.

Maybe there are some methods how i can to test gps or some additional properties?

How much time gps need for lock? because i use drone in Ukraine, maybe gps need much time to connect to satellite.

Maybe its problem with firmware?

• 3. Re: No GPS lock for device in qGroundControl
              Intel Corporation

Hi aurusd,

Thank you for the information provided.

I haven’t had this issue before. It could be due to a problem with the firmware, but honestly, I’m not sure what the root cause of this issue might be. Please let me investigate about this, and as soon as I have new information I will post it in the thread.

Just to double check, did you update the BIOS, FPGA and Flight Controller as well? This new software release requires to have them updated.The guide to update them is available here: 02 Initial Setup · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub . I'd recommend you to re-flash the Aero and the BIOS, FPGA and Flight Controller one more time just to be sure that everything is properly set. Anyhow, I'll keep investigating about this issue so I can provide you a better assistance.

Regards,
              Diego V.

• 4. Re: No GPS lock for device in qGroundControl
                Intel Corporation

Hi aurusd,

I re-flashed the latest firmware (1.5.1) and I was able to verify that GPS lock works with this version, so the issue is not related to the firmware.

My recommendation, as I mentioned previously, is to re-flash the latest firmware version and make sure the BIOS, FPGA and Flight Controller are updated as well to the latest version.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                Diego V.