Items with no label
3335 Discussions

No IR image with R200 in ubuntu

RDohm
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm using a HP Elitedesk 800 G2 mini desktop with a Intel® Core™ i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz × 8 and a Intel® HD Graphics 530 (Skylake GT2) and after installation of the librealsense and realsens_camera packages I was not able to get any image at first so I changed the required version number of the librealsense in the package.xml of the realsens_camera package. After that I was able to get raw camera image but the IR still does not work. I can't get any information published on the IR topics and when I use dmesg I get 4 errors back:

ACPI Error: Needed [Buffer/String/Package], found [Integer] ffff89435397c510 (20170531/exresop-593)

ACPI Exception: AE_AML_OPERAND_TYPE, While resolving operands for [OpcodeName unavailable] (20170531/dswexec-461)

kvm: disabled by bios

uvcvideo: Failed to query (SET_CUR) UVC control 1 on unit 7: -32 (exp. 2).

I followed the installation process as it was described and after that I tried every trick that I could find on the internet but nothing works.

It would be nice if someone could help me!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your hardware specification is fine for the R200, so that shouldn't be the cause of the problem that you experienced.

"kvm: disabled by bios" is apparently an error generated by Ubuntu Linux, not by Librealsense. An Ask Ubuntu page explains the meaning of the error.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/303164/what-does-the-kvm-disabled-by-bios-message-during-the-boot-process-mean What does the "kvm disabled by bios" message during the boot process mean? - Ask Ubuntu

ACPI errors are computer BIOS-related errors related to configuring hardware components for the purposes of power management.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface Advanced Configuration and Power Interface - Wikipedia

Although uvcv is mentioned often in Librealsense problems, it is apparently not specifically a Librealsense file, but rather is a Linux driver that webcams use.

Regarding the 'failed to query' issue: someone said in November 2016 that it may be caused by an operating system that needs to be updated, and that the update could be done with this instruction:

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade

0 Kudos
RDohm
Beginner

If I understand it right the kvm has nothing to do with the mallfunction of the realsense camera but de APCI could maybe be the problem but I cannot find a way to solve this error .

regarding the upgrade: I already upgraded several times

I am also working with the 4.13.0-041300rc4-lowlatency kernel.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The most common kernel used successfully with Librealsense is 4.4.

0 Kudos