8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 10:42 AM by rguevara

NUC7I7BNH Audio Issues: popping (3.5mm audio jack front panel)

bergman

I have received my NUC7I5BNH a about a month ago, and I'm noticing strange noises in my headphones plugged in the front audio jack when I start or restart audio after some pause. I use Sound Intone CX-05 Noise Isolating Headphones with an in-line remote and microphone. When I plug them in the NUC jack the Realtek manager pops up. I can hear a faint popping sound and sometimes lout sound distortion when the sound restarts after no audio was played for a while, which is very annoying. I have read this has maybe to do with some sort of a sleep mode of the audio module or with the audio jack when it is expecting a microphone maybe. It does not really matter if I use the headset or headphone setting in the Realtek manager - there is at best only a gradual difference. I also tried different headsets and headphones. There is a bigger qualitative difference, but the issue is in for me in every case present.

I found some articles on the net about the possible issue with the sleep/power saving mode of the audio module and literally tried every (reasonable) suggestion (e.g. Fix Audio Static Crackling Popping with Realtek Sound Card ) - but nothing worked. Please help, this is really frustrating.