4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2017 10:11 AM by Duy

mavlink_routerd over udp protocol

Duy

Hi,

Is it possible to run the "mavlin_routerd" over udp protocol instead of TCP?

I have read through the config file (located at /etc/mavlink-router/main.conf) but there is no clue how to do that.

Thanks,

Duy Vu

• 1. Re: mavlink_routerd over udp protocol
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Duy Vu,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Aero Technology.

Even though Intel’s Aero technologies are compatible with MAVLink, inquiries regarding its application are out of the scope of this technical support team. I’ll suggest you to post this type of inquiries here https://github.com/mavlink/mavlink/issues.

If you have any other question related to the Aero Compute Board or the Aero Ready to Fly Drone, don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Andres V.

• 2. Re: mavlink_routerd over udp protocol
            anselmolsm

Hi Duy,

Please check this sample with other possible configurations in mavlink router config file: mavlink-router/config.sample at master · 01org/mavlink-router · GitHub .

Just to clarify, MAVLink-Router and MAVLink are different projects (the latter is the protocol).

Regards,

Anselmo

• 3. Re: mavlink_routerd over udp protocol
              lkm1321

I'm actually doing this myself. I found that a good practice in addition to the sample config file is to run Avahi mDNS on the host machine (your laptop). By doing so, you don't have to change anything when you go from Tether mode to the normal WiFi mode (quad connects to router, host machine connects to router). 

You can write a config file such as (using my hostname, brian-thinkpad):

[UdpEndpoint udp]

Mode = Normal

Address = brian-thinkpad.local

If you leave the port unspecified, it'll go to the default port which is 5760 if not changed. QGC seems to detect the port no matter what it is. Do note that some public wifi routers block mDNS.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: mavlink_routerd over udp protocol
                Duy

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have added

[UdpEndpoint udp]

Mode = Normal

Address = 0.0.0.0

which means the mavlink-router will route all mavlink packets to the localhost at port 14556.

Then, I execute the below command to run mavros over udp.

rosrun mavros mavros_node _fcu_url:="udp://@:192.168.137.217:14556" _system_id:=2