- Do i need to upgrade any other drivers?
- What about the driver that the BIOS uses at startup?
- Is the Intel Matrix Storage Console still usable or do i need to uninstall this?
- When i select drives (all the drives present on my system), it mentions a driver version 6.1.7600.16385 -- what is this and how do i / should i update this?
Here are my answers:
- The BIOS doesn't need any driver
- The Intel Matrix Storage Manager should be uninstalled. If you want, you can install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application v220.127.116.112 instead. You can get the complete package here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm
- The "driver" version you mentioned is nothing else than the Build number of your currently running Operating System Win7 (Final version).
I've tried the RST driver and it made my system drastically slower. I went back to msahci.
Other users made other experiences. They reported to have gotten a performance increase after having installed the Intel drivers.
Conclusion: Each system may react differently. The user has to find out him/herself, which is the best solution.