Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Computer won't retain Intel PROSet/Wireless Driver 10.70.0.5

JReic2
Beginner

With the version 1703 version update of Windows 10 I have had wifi network problems. Intel recommended I install a new PROSet/Wireless Driver version 10.70.0.5 . Upon installing it appear to correct my problem by my computer (Lenovo T430) won't keep that driver installed. TO install I manual delete the previous version (19.70.0.100) via my control panel the delete it from the device manager. When I install it *.5 shows in the device manager but then after rebooting my computer the previous version shows (or at least the number). Not sure what to do at this point.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JSR,

It sounds like you're currently fighting a losing battle against Windows® 10's automatic driver installation feature. This is an excellent feature, but can sometimes cause more trouble than it's worth. While it's not something that we usually recommend, in your case we can suggest for you to disable this feature:

- http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10 Stop automatic driver updates on Windows 10 - by winsupersite.com

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JSR,

We have not heard back from you in a while. Has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos