1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 7:33 PM by gantal

setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect

ctaylo

Dear experts,

Anybody who can help please..

Still can't use my intel-edison-arduino board bec of this problem.

As you can see in the 2nd pic, no virtual com port & usb composite device appear in device manager.

I tried the inteledisondriverset1.2.1 running- did nothing help.

Any suggestion please..

-Ceci

• 1. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Ceci,

The reason why you are getting the “Integrity checking failed” message is because currently there is an issue with the Download Center. This issue has been reported by other users as well and we’re currently working on it. Actually, I posted an update about it in the following thread some hours ago: Edison and the Arduino Breakout Board Drivers

We hope to have the download links and drivers working soon so that you and other users can set up the Edison module without inconveniences like this one.

We appreciate your patience while the Download Center is fully working again.

Regards,
          Diego V.

• 2. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
            Ldevivo

Hi There,

I am running into the same problem as ctaylo and was wondering if you can give me a hand. I have downloaded the Intel Edison Board Configuration tool v2016.2.007 but I am getting the same error when I try to instal the drivers. Is there a way around this issue?

Please help

Luca

• 3. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
              Intel Corporation

Hi Luca,

There is no workaround. The reason of this issue is that currently, all files for Edison (drivers, binary files, etc.) were moved to the Download Center so all downloads would be in a single location. However, this is still a work in progress and some links are currently down. The setup tool points to one of these broken links and that’s why you and other users are getting that message. Those broken links will be redirected to a pre-populated Download Center search query soon.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Diego V.

• 4. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                dimaershov

Dear Diego,

It's more than two weeks since the problem has been reported to Intel. It would be amazing to  know how much time is hiding behind "soon" and get some estimates on when the Tool will work again.

Thank you very much!

Dmitriy

• 5. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Dmitriy,

I’ll follow up with the development team in order to get additional updates about this. I don’t promise to get an estimate date, but I’ll make sure to emphasize the urgency of having this tool working again.

Regards,
                  Diego V.

• 6. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                    Ldevivo

Hi Diego,

I am currently on a tight schedule and woul like to know your sincere opinion about this issue. I have read that intel edison and other IoT intel products are being discontinued. Is there a team still working on this type of platforms? I need to get this board working soon, should I just return it and start working with a different board?

I know this may not be your responsibility but please help us solve this problem.

Is there a way you can send me all the installation files separetly?

thanks for your help

Luca

• 7. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                      Intel_Jesus

The Edison stand alone driver can be downloaded from the following link. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26993/eng/IntelEdisonDriverSetup1.2.1.exe

Regards,

Jesus

• 8. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                        Ldevivo

Hi Jesus

Thanks for your support

I have installed the driver and the relaunched the installation setup but it still fails at detecting the drivers

Some other solution? Thanks

• 10. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                          gantal

I have the same issue as Ldevivo. I used the file from the link to install USB drivers but it isn't being detected by the setup tool. I only received my board today and it is very disappointing to come up against such issues during a first-time setup. When can we expect a fix?

• 11. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                            ctaylo

Jesus,

This driver software doesn't work and if you are sure, could you provide a screeenshot  of device manager w/ your edison plugin to your PC.

My PC is a windows 7- 64-bit and  I'm not sure if this is the issue within my PC. When I plugin it shows "MERRIFIELD" in device manager then it goes alternate sound as if you normally plugging/unplugging usb device then immediately fail to install the driver software message appears.

I should expect a new drive is mounted onto "My Computer" drive icon like a flash drive inserted into the port. But in this case there is no added port indicated COM PORT in device manager. Do you have any suggestions that we could try.

-Cecil

• 12. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                              dimaershov

If you test this first, you'll see that installing the driver seperately won't help the Configuration Tool to run properly.

Thank you again for all the assistance.

• 13. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                                dimaershov

While Intel is working on the solution, check out this workaround.

• 14. Re: setup tool fail to install: source file is incorrect
                                  Intel Corporation

Hi all,

While the issue with the Download Center is still present, the Edison driver is now available. The Edison can be setup in your computer with this driver, however this is the standalone driver so you should not use the Setup Tool to set the Edison up.

The idea is to install all drivers manually and configure the Edison manually as well. The workaround shared by dimaershov is valid and you can follow it (thank you dimaershov), however the idea is to install all drivers manually. I’ll explain the process below:

Step 1

In order to setup the Edison in your computer, you need 2 drivers:

The USB driver is the standalone driver. This driver is used in order to the Edison can be detected by the computer as a USB device. The FTDI driver on the other hand, is the driver used to get access to the Edison’s console.

After installing these 2 drivers, if you connect the Edison with both USB cables to your computer you should see the following entries in the Device Manager under Ports (COM& LPT):

• Intel Edison USB Composite Device (COM??)
                                  • Intel Edison Virtual Com Port (COM??)
                                  • USB Serial Port (COM??)

To access the Edison’s console you will use the one labeled as USB Serial Port.

Step 2

Once the Edison is setup with the process above, the next step is to flash the Edison with the latest Yocto image. This process is done by the setup tool, but considering the fact that we are having issues with the tool, we can also do the flashing process manually.

The latest Yocto image can be downloaded from the following link: https://communities.intel.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdownloadcenter.intel.com%2Fdownload%2F26995%2FIntel-Edison-Yocto-Poky-image

You will need the dfu-util.exe and the libusb-1.0.dll files too. These files can be downloaded from the following site: Index of /releases/dfu-util-0.8-binaries/win32-mingw32 .

Then follow these steps:

1. Extract the content of the Yocto image zip file in a folder and copy the dfu-util.exe and the libusb-1.0.dll files in this same folder, so all files are in the same location.
                                  2. Open a new command prompt (cmd.exe), navigate to the folder where the image files are located and type flashall.bat. This command will start the flashing process. The Edison has to be connected to the USB port before running this command, otherwise it will not work. Then, when the command prompt requests it, you will have to reboot the Edison so the flashing process can actually start.

After 5-7 minutes the board should be flashed with the latest image. You can check it by getting access to the Edison console using the PuTTY software. Once you are in the Edison console, type the command cat /etc/version to check the version number of your image.

I hope this description clarifies some of your concerns about setting up the Edison. If you have any other question, feel free to ask. It would be a better idea to open a new thread since the issue is different to the original one.

ctaylo
                                  I have seen your issue before. It may be due to the way you are powering the Edison up. I recommend you to power it with the DC wall adapter and not only with the USB cable. This happens because the USB port where you are connecting the Edison to is not sourcing enough current for the board to run properly, so it keeps rebooting continuously. Another option is to change the USB port and use another one that sources enough current, however the recommended option is to use the DC wall adapter. If you still have issues with this, please open a new thread.

Ldevivo

About you project and tight schedule. It’s true that the Edison is being discontinued, but there is still a team working on it, however the support will continue until September 15, 2017. Please check the Intel® Edison Discontinuation Notice for details. It’s your decision if you would like continue working on your project with the Edison platform considering these facts. If you have any additional question about the Edison, feel free to open a new thread. We’ll help you there.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                                  Diego V.

1 2 Previous Next