Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

WDDM 2.2 support on skylake

XArri
Beginner

Hello!

Are there any plans to support WDDM 2.2 on skylake processors?

I would need it to develop for acer's mixed reallity headset with a surface pro 4 i5 with HD graphics 520.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello xaarrie,

Thank you for joining the Graphics community.

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
TChan40
Beginner

Hi Amy C.,

Can you please send me a private message regarding this issue? I have a tablet with a Core i5 6200U which also has the integrated Intel HD 520 chipset and would like to know why WDDM 2.2 is not supported for this GPU. I have a Windows Mixed Reality set coming in and would like to know why I can't use it with my tablet...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Currently, we offer WDDM 2.2 support for Kaby Lake graphics controllers only. Skylake CPUs support up to WDDM 2.1. There is no information about if in the future there will be or not WDDM 2.2 drivers for Skylake CPUs.

If you have more questions, please submit a new thread.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RCabr5
Beginner

I have the same problem.

While I do have WDDM 2.2 on my Geforce card, the HDMI port on my laptop outputs through Intel HD 520 (Skylake) which is on WDDM 2.1. Because of this, I can't get my Windows Mixed Reality headset to work, even though my system specs are well enough for the graphics.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

raphadko, for us to further assist you and to help you with the specific problem, please create a new thread, make sure to add all the details in regard to your system. This way the next agent will have a better look at your specific scenario, you can add this thread as a reference but I recommend creating a new thread in order to isolate your case.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos