Thank you posting at Wired Communities. Please provide more information:
1) What is the operating system?
2) What is the driver version?
3) I understand you encountered the Malicious driver detection in the log, can you share what happened to the network adapter?
Please provide more information to better investigate on this.
Thanks for your reply. Below are answers to your questions:
1. OS is FreeBSD 11.0-STABLE (FreeNAS 11 Stable, fully patched to latest available patches)
2. Driver version: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection XL710/X722 Driver, Version - 1.6.6-k
3. You are correct. Once the malicious driver detection is logged, the interface will not be reachable by any host on the network. Ping from the FreeBSD machine give buffer errors. The only way to recover is to issue ifconfig down & up commands. This will get the interface to work till the next occurrence of the malicious driver detection event. This happens on all 4 ports present on the card. These interfaces are used for iSCSI traffic.
Please try update the driver to version 1.7 and let me know the result.
Hope this helps.