DELL offers 25 different "Inspiron 15" models.
Can you make a report with Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* to find out which one it is?
Try these steps firstFirst, try any of the following common resolutions to correct the error:Run a troubleshooterWindows 7 and later: Find and fix problems with devices and hardwareUpdate the device driverUpdate the device driver from Windows UpdateUpdate the hardware's device driver through Windows Update.
Updated the device driver from the vendor's website
Update the device driver from the vendor's website. Follow their installation or update instructions.
- If the device was preinstalled on the computer, visit the computer manufacturer's website.
- If the device was installed after the purchase of the computer, visit the device manufacturer's website.
- If the device was preinstalled on the computer, and the computer manufacturer does not have an updated driver for the device, visit the device manufacturer's website.
Error codes in Device Manager
Code 43 "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.
If you have already run the troubleshooters in the "Try these steps first" section, check the hardware documentation or contact the manufacturer for more information about diagnosing the problem.
Reinstall the device driver manually
- From Start, search for device manager and select Device Manager from the results.
- Right-click the device in the list.
- Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
- After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.
- Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.
Note You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s website.
I am trying to add an external monitor to the hdmi port
Judging from Support for Inspiron 3537 | Drivers & downloads you have an Intel HD 4400
If you have updated to Windows 10, try the latest generic driver: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]
If you encounter an error message about validation, install the driver via "have disk method" as described at:
(ignore prolog about MS surface)
tried it did not work same massage code 43