Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Object Detector Configuration SR300

PKuma35
Beginner

Do you have any recommended reconstruction options for initiating the Object Detector(Object on planar surface detection)?

I tried the Scan3D sample program and it looks like the object is not recognized most of the times.

Can you please advise on the same?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are trying to make a 3D model scan of an object with 3DScan but the object is hard for the camera to detect because it lacks distinct features then you could try placing other objects in the background to help the camera lock on to the object in the foreground that you are trying to scan. The background objects will give the camera more details to analyze when working out the points of the foreground object.

0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

MartyG

Thanks for the information.

Can you explain the same in detail?

Also, what reconstruction options should I use in that case?

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I read the tip about background objects in a guide once, so don't have further details on the principle. You can find troubleshooting advice on scanning difficult to perceive objects in this Intel scanning article though.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/realsense-3d Intel® RealSense™ 3D Scanning Tips and Tricks | Intel® Software

Edit: the guide says that if a 3D mesh is not generated, you could try placing a horizon in the shot. This is similar to the background objects tip.

0 Kudos