3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 3:43 PM by Intel Corporation

KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10 - A2B1 drivers not working

OviMot

Hello,

So this problem still persist - KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10 - A2B1 drivers not working. Saw many post, nobody have a sollution.

my cpu - intel i5-7600k

my motherboard - msi z270 pc mate.

Yes i have latest bios(v16), yes i reinstalled chipset drivers after i updated bios. Obviously there is three parties that might be at fault, Windows 10, motherboard or cpu. We simple humans don't which is it. I think this problem stayed to long and to many people are affected by it to just ignore it for you guys. We want sollution. Please.

with respect,

intel cpu user

• 1. Re: KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10 - A2B1 drivers not working
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello OviMot,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

After further review, this is an issue that it is related with your motherboard chipset, I can see that the latest chipset driver version from your computer manufacturer is 10.1.1.38, you can try the latest generic version from the Intel site, you can download it here:
          Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

Also, run Windows® update and make sure you have the latest updates installed.

I hope this can help.

Regards,

Ivan U.

• 2. Re: KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10 - A2B1 drivers not working
            OviMot

Hello Ivan U.

Thank you for replying. Windows updates is up to date and i installed drivers from your recommended link and its up to date too. 0.1.1.42 is newest now.

chipset driver.jpg

Root port #10 still not working. There is one thing that got my attention though, in the device manager i found chipset familly devices and the port that is not working.

broken root port.jpg

So when i opened chipset controller and went to drivers tab, i saw that drivers is still 10.1.1.38.

controller.jpg

Then i did the same with broken root port #10 and the driver version is 10.1.1.7

old driver.jpg

It says windows cannot load any drivers error code 31.

root port 10.jpg

I hope this information helps and we can find something to beat this problems.

Thank you for your time.

Ovidijus M.

• 3. Re: KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10 - A2B1 drivers not working
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Try uninstalling the driver and then reinstall the new version, if it does not work you we will need to wait for a new driver to be release via Windows update, through the download center or from your motherboard manufacturer, basically your motherboard manufacturer should be more familiar with this since they integrate your motherboard, chipset and BIOS.

Regards,

Ivan U.