9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2017 11:00 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC7i5BNH video choppy

LeoGC

I have a NUC7i5BNH connected to a Samsung ua55c6900 TV via the HDMI port. This is a older TV running 1920x1080p. The video playback is choppy and not smooth. This is for streaming from netflix or local stuff off the hard-drive. I've got all the latest drivers apart from the HDMI2.0 firmware update. I can't do this because I don't have any HDMI2.0 devices to plug in. My $50 raspberry pi has smooth playback and so does my laptop so the high powered NUC should be fine. Any help?

• 1. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello LeoGC,

I am sorry hear you are having issue with the video on this Intel® NUC model.

I would like to know if you have a different monitor or TV available to test the Intel® NUC with. One more question, are you using the laptop and the Raspberry Pi with that same TV model?

Regards,

Amy C.

• 2. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
            Intel Corporation

LeoGC

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 3. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
              LeoGC

Hi Amy,

Yes the Raspberry pi was with the same TV but I haven't tried the laptop on it yet. That was just the same content. I'll try the laptop on the samsung TV and test the NUC on another monitor as the problem is still occurring. The only other thing I've tried since the last post was to install LAV filters as I though it could be a codec problem but that hasn't helped.

Thanks

Leo

• 4. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
                Intel Corporation

Thanks Leo, please let me know how it goes.

In the meantime, please provide the following report: Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*. I would like to double check the driver versions installed in your Intel® NUC.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C. 

• 5. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
                  Intel Corporation

LeoGC, hope you were able to test TV.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 6. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
                    LeoGC

Hi Amy,

I have tested with another monitor and still have the same problem. I have found that its content related though. I managed to get smooth playback with some HDTV I recorded and also with a movie I trans-coded from bluray. The problem is a regular judder and appears when streaming from netflix or from some movies on the harddrive. Maybe its a framerate correction or something like that? It seems to judder every 10 or 15 seconds during playback. Ill plug my laptop into the TV and try some of the juddery content to see if that does it too.

Thanks

Leo

• 7. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
                      Intel Corporation

Leo, you could try using different Intel® HD Graphics driver this might help. And, sure please let know how it goes with the laptop.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 8. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
                        LeoGC

Hi Amy,

After a bit more searching I think I've solved the problem. It looks like its was a TV setting. The TV seems to have gone back to default setting sometime recently which is around the time I installed the NUC. One of the picture settings is called "motion" which was set to standard. Setting motion to "Off" has definitely improved the judder. It still judders a bit on panning shots but I think that's not unusual. The content I used as a test on another screen still does it but I think that's the content itself. The main difference is that it's ok on netflix now which is where I was really noticing it before. I had never noticed it with the raspberry pi but that was mainly local content which is mostly ok now as well.

Thanks for your input.

Leo

• 9. Re: NUC7i5BNH video choppy
                          Intel Corporation

Leo, I am glad to hear that! Thank you for sharing this with us.

If you need further assistance regarding any other matter, please let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.