11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2010 9:20 PM by jpitt42

problems with video drivers (Core i5)

woody777

I recently completed a Core i5-650 build to use as a home theater pc. I'm running the latest .2086 release of the graphics driver (although the problems have persisted with every release).

About once a day, Windows Media Center will crash and restart. Event Viewer says the faulting application is ehshell.exe (which is WMC obviously), version 6.1.7600.16385 (which I believe is my processor). Faulting module is igdumd32.dll, version 8.15.10.2086. Sometimes the faulting module will be audiokse.dll, version 6.1.7600.16385.

Also, several times a day, I will lose audio/video for a few seconds. Event Viewer says, "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I've tried a clean install. I've tried every version of the driver. Last night I ran Memtest86+ overnight and got a clean bill of health. I'm just about at the end of my rope here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message was edited by: woody777 Not sure how to mark this as a question???