MoonUnit

Hey All

My current setup is as Follows:

i7 920C0

DX58SO

3 X 2gig Team Xtreem DDR3 2000Mhz Cl9 1.65v

800Watt Gigabyte Odin

2 x 74GB Raptors RAID0 (marvell)

Now my problem is as follows, installed the ram and it booted up fine at standard settings, ie stock multipliers. Now when I try use the XMP to get the ram to 2000Mhz the computer wont post at all, it starts up loads raid0 and crashes. Any solution to this I really want to use this ram at its max speed if not take it further.

This is with the latest "broken" bios, btw when they fixing that?

• 1. Re: DX58SO with Team Xtreem DDR3 2000 6GB
          MoonUnit

Anyone got any ideas, I cant be the only person using this ram?

Any news on the bios being fixed?

• 2. Re: DX58SO with Team Xtreem DDR3 2000 6GB
            Cpt.Dogfruit

It is not an issue with the BIOS... it is that the CPU will only go...1066 i think, maybe 1333...  so what your trying to do is overclok the CPU to get the memory to  run at 2000

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: DX58SO with Team Xtreem DDR3 2000 6GB
              MoonUnit

With the std mem multi @ 8 (8 x 133 = 1066), yes the mem will run at 1066, thus @ 14 (14 x 133 = 1862) memory will be overclocked and then will have to overclock the Bclk to 146 if I remember correct in order to get to the rated 2000Mhz of the ram. That is my problem, the pc wont post (as far as I can tell this is a memory problem) with the ram running @ 2000Mhz, it wont even post at 1600Mhz. Im limited to 10x mem multi which gives 1333Mhz. This is with the mem @ 1.66 Volts (still dont understand why Intel did this if they rated the i7 @ 1.65), also a little scared to take the mem voltage higher as I dont want to damage my i7 920.

The new bios also allows for an XMP profile of 2000Mhz which should work on the board, thats what is confusing me.

Has anyone been able to run their memory at 2000Mz?

Forgot to mention I have overclocked the CPU to 4.5ghz before without too much hassle and with temps in mid 60's deg c, was a little unstable though.

• 4. Re: DX58SO with Team Xtreem DDR3 2000 6GB
                Cpt.Dogfruit

yeh it shoulkd work on the board but the CPU is wher ethe memory controller is.......and it siounds like the memory controller is not coping wiht it....

otehrwise why would your XMP profile of 2000Mhz not work?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: DX58SO with Team Xtreem DDR3 2000 6GB
                  MoonUnit

Decided to sell the board and get a proper overclocking board(R2E), ram seems to be doing ok on there.

Thanks everyone for the replies