3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 2:28 PM by Intel Corporation

HD Graphics 4000 has stopped re-detecting displays in docking - post windows update

matcoll

Have been happily running windows 10 (laptop) -  with dual monitors, but since a recent update, the system once docked will no longer re-detect that it using different monitors.

Previously i could use it:

1. Un-docked - at 1600 x 900

2. then when i put it to sleep

3. Then dock it and resumed:

it would

a) switch to 1920 x 1080, and

b) also detect and display on the second monitor - no intervention required.

Now, it remains in it's prior "state" (it neither changes state nor outputs to the second monitor) - only outputting to the first external monitor - but at 1600 x 900.

Thus since a recent change, it is not "re-detecting" the "change in state" on resume, ONLY when i now do a full restart.

The update may have been a Windows update, but on the same day i also installed a Toshiba Dynadock - with dual display port support.

I have used the Lenovo system update to update the driver - now it is at 10.18.10.4425 - and as the driver loaded the monitors re-detected, and corrected - but later the problem is persisting.

Does anyone know how to force the driver to re-detect on resume not just on restart? Or is this a "consequence of doing things in a certain order"

System:

Lenovo T430s laptop -

HD Graphics 4000  version 10.18.10.4425 (from Lenovo System Update)

with a Lenovo ThnikPad Usb 3.0 Pro Dock (dual HDMI/DVI ports)

dual BenQ GL2450 monitors.